The time has come that we reduce the transportation footprint on our planet.
Celestavia uses 1/500 of the footprint of roads!
Celestavia is the most environmentally friendly and safest way to travel!
“No other transportation project will save more lives and grief than Celestavia”
"Celestavia is engineered for longevity"
Celestavia allows the reclaiming of public land spaces
Celestavia Personal Rapid Transit is an automated aerial cable service that is 3-10 times faster and better than the current bus service. We say “better” first, because the passenger is not subjected to the slow start-stop travel of a bus. Instead, passengers travel in separate cars holding 6-12 passenger seats carrying 1-12 passengers (depending on the city and current traffic load) with a similar destination. The passengers never have to wait to board–there are always cars waiting.
We expect the majority of passengers will use the cell phone app to schedule and/or pay for their ride. However some stations will have an agent or ticket vending machine for users without a cell phone.
Unlike a bus, or even a train, these cars bypass all intermediate stops until they get to the passenger’s pre-selected destination. Passengers can quickly exit at one of the stops located every 750-1500 feet (250-500 meters) throughout the city.
It is like using a private car, but even better since there is no stopping for traffic, intersections or lights, and the individual Celestavia cars are able to travel much faster than private cars can, at speeds up to 35 mile / hour (60 km / hour) though the city. And, of course, no parking hassles! This service is available for continuous use 24 hours a day, with a fare price competitive to that of buses.
Using a centuries-old concept and accepted standards in design, the Celestavia system implements new technology to improve significantly the user’s experience. Instead of moving the cable, as in most cable-car systems, our cabin itself moves along the cable. Like a car moving down the highway, our cabin is the car, and the cable is the road, Due to a specially built automated control system, the car is able to respond quickly to cable slope, weather and traffic conditions, and increase and decrease the speed “quickly”. As another example, when the car reaches a point of interest for passengers it reduces the speed automatically and can even stop. It can also go at very fast speeds, many times more than a cable car, additionally it can go up and down a 45 degree slope. It can also come to a complete stop at any part of the route and switch to another cable / route. Something very innovative and world-leading.
Also, transports containers from 8 to 60 feet.
The interior of the cabin cars offer first class comfort and design, with visual enhancement of the experience via audio / visual screens, which provide information and communication.
These systems can be fully operational in as little as 3 years. This is due to many advancements in engineering, 3D printing and software simulation available now, and because research, development, and testing for all components required have already been done for many years. This eliminates and expedites many costly processes.
In the words of Ramsey Yunan, a former professor of engineering at Rutgers and a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years’ experience, all aspects of Celestavia fall under the category of: “Minimum Expected Circumstances”. Basically, this means “No Surprises”. This is due to the fact that ALL aspects, components and phases of Celestavia are very well known to the engineering community. From architecture, mechanical, electrical, electronics, and computer components, to large-scale project management, timelines and financial projections, to politics and legal legislation requirements, it ALL has been done before. Therefore, ALL forecasts, cost estimates and financial projections are based on well-known facts, which leads to a minimum of errors. Celestavia is the merger and convergence of many well-known technologies and business practices, as contrasted with the de novo invention of something that has never been done before.
We have been brainstorming Celestavia since 2012. Since then, we have consulted with many engineers and financial analysts to perfect all aspects of our design, cost, and financial forecasts.
Celestavia safety comparison to present forms of transportation
A Google internet search with the words:
“Train derailment” shows about 10,600,000 hits
“Train accident” show about 1,530,000,000 hits
“Bus accident” shows about 573,100,000 hits
“Air accident” shows about 31,100,000 hits
“Car accidents” shows about 95,900,000 hits. And mind you, if the internet had existed since the inception of cars, it would be 10X more.
“pedestrian car accident statistics” shows about 11,300,000 hits
You could spend many lifetimes and not be able to read all about car, train, bus and aviation accidents.
“Floods” shows about 4,630,000,000 hits. Celestavia is way above ground, where flood waters will not affect its normal operation. The worst thing that could happen is that it might not be able to pick up/drop off passengers at a certain location.
We expect Celestavia operational accidents in the next hundred years and billions of miles of operation to be ZERO, be it by natural or unnatural causes.
Wuppertal system, a predecessor of Celestavia running since 1901, has had one single accident in 121 years of operation, in which 5 people were killed and 47 injured. This type of accident will probably never happen with Celestavia, since Celestavia has real-time active area monitoring sensors to prevent this type of accidents. Therefore, it is fair to say that we expect zero accidents with Celestavia, something NO other form of transportation can offer.
In addition to the fact that double rail suspended aerial transportation system historically have had only one accident, Celestavia has the following accident prevention features:
- Celestavia carriage and cabins are attached to two cables, which require OVER 1,200,000 pounds of pull to break.
- Celestavia is controlled by various independent control systems, in addition to many backups. These systems make it virtually IMPOSSIBLE for there to be an accident of any kind. First, we write an Artificial Intelligence program, an AI, that gives the initial orders. But there are independent monitoring and controlling systems that, in the extremely rare event the AI gives a bad order, the order is countered. For example, let’s say the AI failed to know there is traffic ahead; each carriage has independent sensors to detect traffic ahead, and control mechanisms to prevent a collision. IF this scenario ever were to happen, it will probably only be one time ever in the history of Celestavia, since it would be reported to the engineering team to figure out why and correct the AI so it will never happen again. Either way, we are making sure that it will be impossible for an accident to ever happen. Attorneys tell us to not say this, but the fact is that we the engineers are the designers not the attorneys, and we know what is feasible and what is not. Celestavia’s worst case scenario might be a delay in traffic. Furthermore, all these case scenarios are simulated, in order to assure in the first place that the event never happens. We know mistakes can happen in computer programming. We therefore include the many backup systems to assure there will never be an accident of any kind.
- The ONLY moving potential type of accident in Celestavia is the one where one carriage hits the other from behind. Therefore the only type of accident the engineers have to concern themselves with is this. There are automatic non-computing, fixed, proximity sensors that will stop the carriage in the event that it gets too close to another carriage. These redundant proximity sensor systems do not depend on computers. In fact they have no computer, they are simply electronic hardware. Too close = stop, and any error causes transmission of a message.
- Celestavia has sensors everywhere and of many kinds. These sensors feed data to local and central monitoring AI computers that sense and monitor a huge number of variables, including the slightest abnormal vibration changes, smoke sensors, various video feeds per carriage/cars. Every tower has many sensors, including extremely early earthquake detection sensors, wind, temperature, humidity, air quality, rain and cameras, and cable status, tied to computers that can respond in fraction of a second to any emergency. This will prevent accidents even in the most extreme circumstances, such as an earthquake, hurricane, tornado and other types of accidents, such as something hitting a tower or like a tree falling on the lines. Something NO train, car, truck or bus can or will ever be able to do.
- Celestavia also includes a very wide array of anti-terrorism sensors. But even then, due to the nature of the Celestavia system, the most a terrorist attack could harm is a tower or one carriage/car at a time. This would require a lot of expertise and effort. Towers and cables are very easy to replace; at the most a line would be down for a few hours. The same might occur in the event of an earthquake; repairs can be very quick.
- Celestavia has many anti-theft deterrent systems in all the stations, including live active AI monitoring of cameras, for the protection of the passenger and the Celestavia assets.
- Multiple control system backups. There is not a single point of failure in any of the critical components.
- Though Celestavia operates primarily from high-voltage power lines, each carriage also has enough backup power to assure no carriage is ever stuck on the line.
- The high-voltage power line is continuously monitored for breaks on the line. In the event of a cable failure, power is automatically turned off in less than one second.
- Each Celestavia carriage has at least four motors; any one motor is enough to ensure that there is never a stop. In the case of the motors there is quadruple redundancy. In the case of heavy cargo there are at least eight motors; any one motor is sufficient to secure movement to the next station.
- Multiple fiber optic cables, ground and satellite radio backup systems to assure non-stop communication, not only for the carriages but also for the passengers.
- In addition to the tower sensors, special diagnostic carriages monitor the quality of the cable and conditions of the towers for additional safety.
- Celestavia offers sterilization of the cabins, for even more safety when traveling with others.
- Just-in-time boarding and known arrival time are yet two more items that add to the security of the passenger.
Can you think of any way there could be a natural or unnatural injury to a human within the Celestavia system? Please tell us. Needless to say, when it comes to trains, cars, trucks, airplanes, even bicycles, one can easily come up with hundreds of scenarios where bodily injury is likely, but not with Celestavia. Celestavia is simply the safest ever form of transportation, it’s even safer than being at home.
Celestavia vs. Cablecar / Cableway
Ropeway systems have a variety of limitations, initial and operational costs much higher than Celestavia. This is primarily due to the fact that the cable in the cable car system has to be in continuous movement up to the maximum speed of 20 km/h, whether it is in use or not by passengers; the energy consumption is continuous vs. in Celestavia the cables are static. Celestavia uses two cables vs. only one in the cable car. In Celestavia the cables are much thicker, which allows much more stability for passenger comfort. For these reasons, Celestavia allows for speeds 6X faster than the cable cars, larger cabins and heavier loads. The ropeway system uses an extensive system of pulleys in the stations, since the cable is always in motion, whereas in Celestavia it is the cabin that moves by its independent electric motor system. Cable cars have an enormous expense compared to Celestavia, since the cable and the whole system is in continuous movement whether used or not, which creates a great wear and tear, which requires great continuous maintenance.
Celestavia allows small stations for up to one trolley, vs. cable car systems require large and very complex stations, so with Celestavia you can put stations at distances as short as 250 meters, vs. cable car systems require more than a kilometer of distance between stations, and in these stations all the trolleys have to enter vs. in Celestavia only the trolleys that are going to be used enter.
In Celestavia the traffic does not stop for the dismounting of a cabin, vs. in a cable car the traffic is all of one or nothing, just like a train.
The maximum number of cabins in a ropeway system is limited by the thickness of the cable, which is inferior not only in thickness but in the fact that in Celestavia there are two cables vs. only one. Additionally, Celestavia allows four outbound and four return lines at a time, which quadruples the number of cabins per route, i.e. Celestavia allows up to 15X more cabins than the cable car system. Not only does Celestavia allow 15X more cabins, on four lines, but it can also go at 6X the maximum speed of the fastest existing cable car system, which is only 20 km/h vs. 120 km/h with Celestavia, allowing for a maximum total passenger count of 75X more than the cable car system.
Ropeway systems tend to operate a limited number of hours and days, due to the fact that energy consumption and wear is continuous vs. Celestavia is for 24/7/365 on-demand transportation.
In Celestavia the wear and tear is minimal compared to ropeways, therefore the maintenance cost is minimal.
Celestavia has an energy regeneration system when going downhill and when braking, vs. the continuous energy use of cable cars. For this reason, the operating electricity cost of Celestavia is much lower than that of a cable car system.
With Celestavia, all types of cargo can be transported at the same time, versus ropeways that are mostly for passengers only.
With Celestavia you can vary the speed according to your needs, for example in a beautiful landscape you can even stop completely for as long as you want, vs. in a cable car the speed is continuous.
In Celestavia the cabins go from point-to-point according to the passenger’s needs, so Celestavia is a personalized service based on the passenger’s needs. Stations vary from single cabins to multi-story mega stations, which allows us to provide service according to the passenger’s needs vs. a cable car system that does not allow for these advantages and comforts.
Celestavia offers the option of onboard restroom, something never seen before in a cable car.
Celestavia offers the automatic collection of garbage containers; something impossible in ropeways.
Because the Celestavia system offers the option of stations within a short distance of each other, as little as 250 meters apart, the stations have mailboxes for everything from a letter to a large box. This allows the mail and parcel system to be automated along the entire route, thus providing a complementary service to passenger transportation.
Celestavia is an inclusive transportation system, in which it can optionally be used to transport high-voltage power lines, something innovative and unprecedented. Thus beautifying cities and rural areas.
Celestavia optionally offers modern LED lighting along the entire route, something impossible in ropeways.
Celestavia offers 360 degree camera system in all towers, in addition to seismic monitoring system, temperature, winds and in some remote sites even telescope. These given that all towers have fiber optic system and electricity for real time communication.
Celestavia offers fiber optic cables along the entire route, which provides fiber optic internet and 5G radio service along the entire route. This not only allows high bandwidth internet in all cabins without interruption, but also provides a minimum of one kilometer around public service; something impossible in the cable car system. Additionally, since each cabin has a premium internet system, the cabins have a 24-hour customer service communication system.
Celestavia operates each cabin with a 25KV electricity system, which allows for climate control in each cabin, and each seat has its own temperature control. In addition, every cabin has 120-240VAC and USB. Just like modern airplanes and cars are offering.
Celestavia is a public system for mass customized transportation use, so it includes a camera system for multiple security, not only to monitor all electromechanical systems, but also to prevent all kinds of theft and robbery. The artificial intelligence system monitors everything in real time. In case of a failure or an act of delinquency, it notifies the maintenance team or the authorities in real time, i.e. in a matter of seconds, thus preventing accidents and criminal acts.
Celestavia allows the crossing of lines from 30 to 120 degrees, something unprecedented and impossible in ropeway systems. This allows the movement of traffic as well as automotive tracks.
Celestavia’s multimodal transportation system allows the cabin and/or container to be transported by an automated last mile 4×4 system, which allows the delivery of cargo containers up to 20 feet, and in the case of heavy cargo up to 60 feet, something unprecedented and unmatched by ropeway systems.
Celestavia offers frequent disinfection and sanitation of the cabins via an automated cleaning system.
Celestavia is an unprecedented modern multimodal system that can replace all current transportation at speeds 6X faster and more efficient than current ropeway systems. Most importantly, Celestavia is safe from theft prevention, robbery to all types of accidents, all at a lower initial and operating cost than a cable car system.
Celestavia meets the following specifications:
- ZERO environmental pollution – everything is electric.
- Expected low to ZERO accidents compared to other forms of transportation – 100% automated with artificial intelligence.
- ZERO traffic on the city’s roads and highways – it runs on overhead wires.
- High security passenger security system – giving little opportunity for theft or assault.
- Ecological and sustainable, with very low environmental impact to the city and province. Uses of new materials, construction methods and is much more ecological than those used up to now.
- Aesthetically very attractive and modern.
- Minimum land use, the needed land space that will be used is only where the small and attractive pole will be located; that is, less than 1/500 of the current use for a highway.
- Guaranteed service 24 hours a day, every day.
- Approximately 4 times faster than any type of land transport in operation. With a speed of up to 90 km / h.
- Personalized service similar to that of the taxi. Entry / Exit every 250-500 meters in consideration of population needs.
- Entry / Exit within some of the narrowest and least inaccessible streets of the city.
- Able to make a 90 degree turn to follow the cables.
- Functional on all types of terrain slopes.
- It offers great ease of expansion / growth to any remote area.
- Ultra-modern cabin with modern and super comfortable seats, 6-12 passenger sports car type. Custom cabins available.
- Automatic doors.
- With air-conditioning and / or heating (optional).
- Audio and video communication system with the control center, for passenger assistance.
- SYSTEM with VERY ECONOMIC cost, $5-6M / Km. ($8-9M / Mile)
- The system is ideal for use in any type and size city.
- Best price of all other transportation.
- Ultramodern automated fare collection system, providing great ease, safety and comfort to the passenger.
- Very economical and simple to operate, since everything is automated.
- Vehicle traffic on the streets decreases.
- Does not increase noise pollution.
- Heavy Cargo – Transports containers from 8 to 60 feet.
- 4×4 vehicle last mile service for containers up to 10 feet and parcels.
- Fully automated garbage collection service for the entire city.
- Camera system for 360-degree 911 service in all towers.
- Public light system in all towers, including decoration with LED light.
- System of all electrical cables, cable TV, Fiber Optic, etc. To beautify the whole city by replacing all poles present.
- 5G and WiFi systems on all poles.
- Monitor weather, temperature / humidity / wind / rain / earthquake on all poles.
- Super modern architecture, with local custom themes at each station.
- Cables can be put between mountains and mountains to go in a direct line.
- Poles and other decorations / attractions with LED light.
- Automated system of lockers for all types of shipments in all stations. This service will be available to all companies such as: Postal Mail, judicial boxes, Federal Express, DHL, UPS, etc. and even other types of stores and private parcels.
- Reservation system via internet website and mobile application. This system allows you to have the cabin waiting vs. wait for a bus.
- Multiple forms of automatic payment, via cell phone, facial recognition, and more.
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPROVEMENT: We are all going to breathe cleaner air, because this system is all electric, therefore it will significantly reduce the transport of vehicles that use fuel.
- ELIMINATION AND REDUCTION OF ACCIDENTS: As everything is controlled by sophisticated electronic systems, the chances of an accident in this transport are minimal. As there is a reduction in road traffic, therefore road and pedestrian accidents on the highways will be reduced.
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT: The environmental impact is almost zero, since this technology only puts feet in pole that are located approximately 62.5 meters from each other and in some areas the pole are not necessary. Compared to a highway the footprint is only 1/500. In other words, the environmental impact is only 1/500 of what the highways are at present. Additionally, everything is electric, so there is no pollution from the use of fuels.
- BUILDINGS: It only requires simple entry and exit station buildings of only 21m2, a control center, warehouse and maintenance workshop, which can be located at any point on the route.
We are not the world’s first to produce or propose a suspended aerial transportation system, but we are the first to converge such a wide array of practical, accessible, state-of-the-art technologies, at an affordable price for any country.
Our system can be used in the smallest and tightest congested city roads (those that were made for horses and not even for cars), and/or for long distances in rural areas.
Celestavia system does not require additional land footprint—it can be added to the side of the road in any city road or highway.
Option of 10,000m2 of automated warehouse with pick-up and delivery system to all stations.
Celestavia offers up to 8x8x10 container last mile delivery, on 4×4 carriage with autonomous AI driver.
Celestavia is extremely environmentally friendly, compared to all other land transportation systems. Footprint only 1/500th of roads.
Celestavia allows the reclaiming of public land spaces
Celestavia system offers public land space saving and reclaiming in the following area
Since Celestavia parking is suspended, it does not use ground footprint like parking spaces do. Also, the ground spaces are for stop and go, not for long-term parking, therefore the Celestavia footprint is a minimal in comparison to parking lots space requirement.
Since Celestavia does not require roads, roads can be reclaimed for other use. Roads in many areas contribute to undesired heat, reduce the space for trees and replace the natural environment with artificial one. Suggested uses for reclaimed roadways include greenways and elongated parks, pedestrian paths, equestrian paths, bike paths, low-level commercial usage such as kiosks, or small shops and stores.
Even though Celestavia offers large stations for some routes in heavily populated cities, these stations are a fraction of the size of bus and train stations, due to the Celestavia system decentralizing embarkation and disembarkation activities (loading and unloading?) throughout the route, rather than concentrating this action on the main station.